Monday 2 May 2011

Small changes

Oh how lovely it has been to have two back to back bank holidays! Made all the more lovely by the fact I had the three days in between off work! In my time off I did some home improvements on our games room (not quite a games room but it is where the TV is as well as my boyfriend's guitars and boys toys).

I bought this table at an antiques fair in January. I love the embossed brass top - so unusual.

However the embossed brass also means it is a pain to polish. The previous owner had tried and failed, and my attempts weren't much better. And so, I gave it a makeover by spraying it gold and painting the legs black, giving it a much more modern look.

Spray painting is fun! I got a bit carried away after this and gave an ikea desk a bit of bling...

before

after
I also added a picture shelf as the walls were looking too plain.


It's amazing what a difference these small changes make to a room.

No comments:

Post a Comment