Monday 9 May 2011

Bedroom inspiration

I have been asked by my friend Clare and her fiancé Andy to help with the design of their flat once it has been extended, which is an honour and also gives me a great opportunity to put into practice what I have been studying for the past year.

The extension they are having means the layout will change completely so there is the potential to do the whole place, however I'm starting with the bedroom to make sure they like my ideas!

First off, I have put together a questionnaire that will form part of the initial consultation. In this, I will ask general questions about the intended use of the room, how they want to feel when they spend time in it etc. There will also be some initial questions on colour.

In addition to the questionnaire I have put together inspiration boards based on three design styles. There are lots of different styles, but I have picked the three that I think will be most suitable for their personality and property. My inspiration for these styles are based on themes covered in Holly Becker and Joanna Copestick's book Decorate (which is an amazing read - highly recommended!).

So here are my inspiration boards:




All images via 10 Rooms, House to Home, Daily Express or Elle Decor
My personal favourite is the Simple theme, especially for the bedroom as for me it is a place to relax and be calm, although I also love Modern Glamour. It will be interesting to see how Clare and Andy feel about them - I will keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment