Monday 29 August 2011

Berry nice colours


Mmmmm berries! Not just tasty with ice cream but I also love the colours. I have noticed that these delicious purple and red hues are a common theme in the high street fashion stores this Autumn/Winter, but as well as in the wardrobe I think they are great in the home.

Paints on the market

Some home accessories

What I love about these colours is the fact that they can be versatile depending on how they are used.

Adding warmth...
...through purple tones on the walls and soft furnishings

...through mixing with dark wood

...through luxurious fabrics in berry colours
Or, by mixing berry coloured accessories with white or pale grey you can create a freshness to a room...




Aside from the ones above (all from House to Home) I haven't seen an ambundance of berriness in the interiors market just yet. However, warm or fresh, I think the berry palette is a trend that we will be seeing in the not so distant future....

No comments:

Post a Comment