Wednesday 23 February 2011

What I love most about my house....

Google is not just useful for searches, translators, images, maps, search trends, it can also act as a way to brainstorm - solus!

Being new to blogging, I thought a good place to start would be by seeing what the online world love about their house. I then put the results into a word cloud, a clever tool that increases the size of words based on the amount of times it is used, allowing you to easily pick out common themes (hours of fun!).

Bright, light, clean, quirky, colour, cozy - these terms sum up to me what I think a home should be.

The main themes show the home as a happy place for the family. I love the way people have referred to the people in the house, events and memories, not just the aesthetics.

This is a great exercise to use as a starting point for exploring possible themes for a room. I think it will be my starting point for project kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment